Flashing Bulb LEDs are a great addition to any hobby project. Available in 3 sizes; 5mm, 3mm, and 1.8mm for application in a large range of hobby projects. Our flashing Bulbs are available in many colors, and even in bi-color flashing. We have 2 color LEDs, red/blue flashing in a single bulb as well as red/white and blue/white. With 2 color bulbs each bulb alternates between the 2 colors inside of the one bulb!
All Evan Designs LEDs come pre wired with 8 inches of insulated wire and the correct resistors making them ready for a fast and easy install. In addition to them being tested in house for consistent quality, all of our LEDs come Guaranteed with a 2 year warranty to let you model worry-free.
At Evan Designs we offer a variety of different flash rates to fit different projects. These 3 volt flashing bulbs are available in.
- Normal Flash: 1.5 flashes per second.
- Fast Flash: 2.5 flashes per second.
- Slow Flash 1 second On, 1 second Off, available on our Slow Flash Bulb Page
3 Volt LEDs
These are 3V LEDs, 3 volt LEDs can only be used on 3-volt power. The 3-volt power options offered to go with these lights by Evan Designs are:
- a coin cell "watch" battery
- our even smaller coin cell holder
- AAA or AA battery
- 3V adapter
- or if you have a DCC board with a 3-volt position you can connect one of our 3 volt LEDs
Quantity Discount: While these LEDs are super bright, you can’t go wrong adding even more LEDs to your model!
|Buy more, Save more||Discount|
|Buy 5 +||$0.25 Off|
|Buy 10 +||$0.35 Off|
Resistors: At 3 volts, resistors are sometimes used on the Red, Yellow, Orange, and some of the Green LEDs depending on the mix of colors you choose.
3 Volt Flashing Bulb Lights
Do not use a 9 volt battery with these 3 volt lights.
Even if you plan to use several 3 volt LEDs together they will be destroyed by a 9 volt battery. These LEDs can only be used on a 3 volt power source
- If you need LEDs for a 9 volt /12 volt battery, we have them here: LEDs for 9 volt battery
Running Solid and Flashing LEDs Together on a Coin Cell Battery?
- Solid and Flashing LEDs can NOT be run on the same coin cell battery as the flash will “carryover” and cause any solid LEDs to flicker along
- Solid and flash can run together happily with bigger batteries. Consider the AA holder/switch it has no carryover.
Don't Forget Hook-Up wire! Add extra wire to your LEDs with 25ft spools at just $3.00.