Kynar 28 AWG Wire for Connections
Choose from 25-foot, 50-foot, or 100-foot Kynar wire spools.
If you need a bit of extra wire to bring your power supply out to your LEDs, use this 28Awg Kynar. This Military Grade wire is easy to solder, very high quality, high conductivity for its size, and is the same wire that we use for all of our LEDs.
Small but mighty!
This wire has a nice slim jacket of Kynar that makes it easy to fit into small spaces. The wire has a diameter of .021 inches, yet it is fully capable of handling 36 volts of power at 5 amps.
Ideally suited for many applications, this kynar wire is OFHC (oxygen-free, high-conductivity copper wire) and provides a very flexible and very abrasion-resistant hook-up wire. The wire is a single solid copper strand and easily connects to other wires by either twisting or soldering.
How to strip this wire?Kynar wire has a tough outer jacket and a finer gauge than most wire strippers can handle. We thought this video would help:
- Heat up your solder iron, any soldering iron will do
- Cut your wires to the desired length, this leaves un-stripped ends
- Lay your wire on the paper towel holding the wire between two fingers about 3/4" above the cut end
- Place the tip of the soldering iron 1/4" up from the end
- Wait two seconds for the jacket on the wire to heat up
- Pull the wire out from under the iron, the wire comes clean!
- Wipe the iron on a paper towel; it does not damage the iron in any way
We also sell a wire stripper for fine wire that is pre-set to cut our wire’s specific gauge, and take the guesswork out of finding the appropriate setting.