These super small LEDs are known as surface mount LEDs, SMD LEDs, or Chip LEDs.
They are very small and compact yet still very, very bright! The benefit of a flat and compact LED Chip,
already wired for you, is that it still gives a great amount of light, but can be mounted flush, with no bulb shape showing.
We have taken these SMD Chip LEDs and taking care with tolerances, added 8 inches of red and green superfine magnet wire.
Get these chips already wired, tested, guaranteed, and fully ready to connect to your power supply. No resistors need to be added, we have done that part!
Need a really, really small LED? Try our new Z-LED
At 0.65mm wide by 0.36mm height by 0.4mm height these LEDs are our smallest. When it is not lit it is hard to see, so if your project needs a LED that will not be visible until turned-on this is a great choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
"What do I need to run these?"
|3 volt use|
|5-12 volt battery / regulated adapter|
|Your own AC/DC or DCC supply: 7-19V|
7-19 volt Universal AC/DC/DCC lights
"How many can I run at once?"
- Using a 3 volt coin cell holder you can run 1-10 chips.
- Using a 3 volt AAA holder you can run 1-30 chips
- Using a 9 volt battery snap/switch you can run 1-50 of the chips.
- Using a 12 volt 1 Amp supply is also 50 chips, no need to turn off.
- Using your own power? The chips draw 20 milliamps each. So check your power supply to see how many milliamps it lists. A 1000 milliamp supply can run 50 chips.
"Can the chip LEDs be run along with other LEDs from the same battery or coin cell?"
Yes the chips can be run right alongside all of the other sizes of LEDs on the same power supply.
"On the AC chips, what size is the rectifier/resistor unit?"
This diagram shows the size of the rectifier unit
"I need the AC type chips but I have to run them through a tight passage?"
We have a solution! See our separated LEDs here: Separated
Warm white chip in a 1/4 scale
Chips connected to our Coin holder with switch
cool white Nano chip in a lamp!