Our 1 or 2 amp 12 Volt adapter is Guaranteed to run all of our 5-12 Volt DC LEDs
- 1 Amp will run from 1 - 50 LEDs
- 2 Amp will run from 1 - 100 LEDs
Looking to run 3 volt lights?
Get our 3 Volt Adapter
These regulated 12 volt power source adapters will put out exactly 12 Volts of power if you hook one single LED to it, or hook the maximum number of LEDs to it. They are regulated and able to run delicate electronics. These UL listed Adapter / Transformers convert wall current to 12 Volt DC output, perfect for our LEDs.
Input: AC 120-240V 60HZ 10W
- Output: Regulated 12V DC 1000mA or 2000mA
- Center positive
- Plug Diameter 5.5mm
- Plug Length 10mm
- Length of wire from Adapter to Plug = 57 inches
"Power Jack" Is Included
We have a great way to bring this adapter power to your LEDs!
The power jack plugs into our power adapters. At the other end, we have added a short piece of red and black wire.Using:
- Mount this small power jack inside of your model.
- make your connections on the inside of the model
- Connect the red wire on the jack to all of the red wires on your LEDs and use shrink tube or electrical tape to protect the connection
- Connect the black wire to all of the black wires on your LEDs, again using tape or shrink tube
- When you are finished, plug in the adapter and enjoy your LEDs for years and years!
Plug and Unplug from the jack whenever you want.
OR get our new Adapter with Switch:
- The on/off switch can run 100 LEDs
- the switch is mounted 6 inches from the barrel plug
After plugging in the adapter, just press the switch once to turn on all lights, press again to turn off.
Panel Mount Power Jack
Your 12 volt adapter comes with a power jack. As an option we also carry a panel mount power jack with a screw thread, if you want to check that out as an added item.
Use this adapter for your existing/already started projects. Even if you have a mix of LED and incandescent because 12V incandescent can run on this adapter too!
By comparison, with a small number of LEDs on a non-regulated adapter can put out up to 15 volts of power, which is too much for 5-12 volt LEDs. We do NOT recommend connecting our 5-12 Volt LEDs to a non-regulated adapter as the potential output voltage would be too high. This Transformer is one of the newer "switching adapters" which regulate the output voltage without all of that heat the older adapters can produce.
No more bulky, heavy, heat-generating, transformers! The new high-speed digital switching circuitry efficiently shrinks the size and weight of the transformer! It also greatly reduces heat "losses" and increases the available output power. The result is much higher efficiency as well as a much more tightly regulated output voltage. The regulated voltage is crucial for LEDs.
By comparison, A non-regulated adapter can put out up to 16 volts of power, which is too much for DC LEDs. We do NOT recommend connecting our DC LEDs to a non-regulated adapter as the potential output voltage would be too high.This 12 volt charger Transformer is one of the newer "switching adapters" which regulates the output voltage without all of that heat the older adapters can produce.
Easily change from 12V wall adapter over to battery and back!
If you like to run your lights on wall power, and still want the flexibility to sometimes run on a 9 Volt whenever you are not near a wall outlet, we have a solution.
With the "battery option" solution.
Wire your lights to a "male plug"
Now you can easily swap from 12 volt wall adapter
to a 9 Volt Battery
just unplugging and plugging in your lights.
Add the "battery pack" to your order on this page. You will get:
- Power Jack with female connector added
- 9 Volt Battery Snap/switch with female connector added
- 1 "male plug" to wire to all of your LEDs.
Easily and safely change back and forth at any time!