Our 1 or 2 amp 12 Volt power supply is Guaranteed to run all of our 5-12 Volt DC LEDs
- 1 Amp will run from 1 - 50 LEDs
- 2 Amp will run from 1 - 100 LEDs
These regulated 12 volt power supply adapters will put out exactly 12 Volts of power if you hook one single LED to it, or hook the maximum number of LEDs to it. They are regulated to 12 volt and able to run delicate electronics. These UL listed Adapter / Transformers convert wall current to 12 Volt DC output, perfect for our LEDs.
- Input: AC 120-240V 60HZ 10W
- Output: Regulated 12V DC 1000mA or 2000mA
- Center positive
- Plug Diameter 5.5mm
- Plug Length 10mm
- Length of wire from Adapter to Plug = 57 inches
|Panel Mount Power Jack
Standard Power Jack Included Free
We have a great way to bring this adapter power to your LEDs!
The power jack plugs into our power adapters. At the other end, we have added a short piece of red and black wire.Using:
- Mount this small power jack inside of your model.
- make your connections on the inside of the model
- Connect the red wire on the jack to all of the red wires on your LEDs and use shrink tube or electrical tape to protect the connection
- Connect the black wire to all of the black wires on your LEDs, again using tape or shrink tube
- When you are finished, plug in the adapter and enjoy your LEDs for years and years!
Plug and Unplug from the jack whenever you want.
OR get our new Adapter with Switch:
- The on/off switch can run 100 LEDs
- the switch is mounted 6 inches from the barrel plug
After plugging in the adapter, just press the switch once to turn on all lights, press again to turn off.
Use this adapter for your existing/already started projects. Even if you have a mix of LED and incandescent because 12V incandescent can run on this adapter too!
No more bulky, heavy, heat-generating, transformers! The new high-speed digital switching circuitry efficiently shrinks the size and weight of the transformer! It also greatly reduces heat "losses" and increases the available output power. The result is much higher efficiency as well as a much more tightly regulated output voltage. The regulated voltage is crucial for LEDs.
This 12 volt charger Transformer is one of the newer "switching adapters" which regulates the output voltage without all of that heat the older adapters can produce.
By comparison, with a small number of LEDs on a non-regulated adapter can put out up to 16 volts of power, which is too much for 5-12 volt LEDs. We do NOT recommend connecting our 5-12 Volt LEDs to a non-regulated adapter as the potential output voltage would be too high.
Easily change from 12V wall adapter over to battery and back!
If you like to run your lights on wall power, and still want the flexibility to sometimes run on a 9 Volt whenever you are not near a wall outlet, we have a solution.
With the "battery option" solution.
Wire your lights to a "male plug"
Now you can easily swap from 12 volt wall adapter
to a 9 Volt Battery
just unplugging and plugging in your lights.
Add the "battery pack" to your order on this page. You will get:
- Power Jack with female connector added
- 9 Volt Battery Snap/switch with female connector added
- 1 "male plug" to wire to all of your LEDs.
Easily and safely change back and forth at any time!
Related Items You May Need
Shrink Tube - Shrink Tube provides a nice solution for protecting the exposed wire connections.
Extra Kynar Wire - The same strong, flexible wire we use on all of our bulb-style LEDs.
International Plug Adapters - Use our power adapters no matter where you live.