An easy way to bring power to your 9 Volt LEDs.
The 1 Amp switch is a push-on, push-off switch. We have pre-connected the switch and battery strap, nothing left to do but connect your choice of LED lights.
- Twist the red leads on your lights with the red lead on this 12-inch battery strap.
- Protect the connection with tape or shrink tube.
- Then twist the black leads on your LEDs to the black lead on this strap. Again, protect the connection.
- Optional: to make your connections even stronger you can use solder on the connection joints
- Go! Snap on the strap to any 9V DC battery.
- Press the locking switch and have a light show!
- Press again to turn it off.
- In our tests, 50 flashing LEDs shone nice and bright on a 9V battery for 4 1/2 hours.
- 3 LEDs were bright for 36 hours.
- If you are running less than 50 and more than 3, your run time per battery will be in the range between those low and high numbers.
The battery snap/switch can handle solid and flashing LEDs. There is no carryover flash. Up to 50 LEDs flashing, solid or both can run on one 9-volt battery.
|Switch: 0.32 inches x 0.48 inches x 0.31 inches tall|
|Strap: Black Lead 12" Red Lead 13"|
|Switch is on red lead, 8.5 inches from the snap|
|Leaving 4" after the switch free|
- 12-inch red wire
- 3.75 inch to the split
- each split has 4 inches to the switches
- 4 inches free after the switches.
Related Items You May Need
Shrink Tube - Shrink Tube provides a nice solution for protecting the exposed wire connections.
Extra Kynar Wire - The same strong, flexible wire we use on this coin cell holder, and all of our bulb-style LEDs.
Regulated 12V Power Adapter - For a more permanent hard-wired solution without the need to buy batteries.