Stick LEDs to surfaces
Share this Product
This wax has very good holding power. You will find you need less than you think. This small 1 1/4 inch block will be all you ever really need!
- Start with a very small amount, a little bigger than a poppy seed
- Work and warm the wax between your fingers to soften it.
- To stick chip LEDs put a small amount of wax on the back (unlit) side of the LED and push it onto your surface.
- If your LED will be shining through a Lens or a Window: put the wax on the front of the LED and push it onto the model.
- LEDs will shine right through the wax without noticeable loss of brightness.
- And since LEDs do not get hot, the wax will never melt.
- When cool, the wax is nice and strongly adhered.
If you ever need to remove the LED for some reason, you can slice it off with thread. Or you can soften the hardened wax with a drop of cigarette lighter fluid (naphtha).
Here are ways that we use Holding Wax when making Projects with LED
- with our surface mount LEDs (Chip, Nano, Pico, Z and Mega) you can put a small amount on the backside and push the LED to the model's ceiling or other surfaces.
Initially, this is a non-permanent solution like a sticky note allowing the user to test different positions without leaving glue at any place. In a week or two a small amount of holding wax will dry firm.
- The holding wax is a great way of tacking up LED wires that are hanging into an undesirable location
- holding wax is great for fitting a LED in an oversized hole, or mounting a square LED in a round hole
- Holding wax lets light pass through, you can place a small amount of wax on the front surface of one of our Surface mount LEDs and press it to the back side of a lens or other clear material and the light will shine through